- Vincent van Gogh
- Paul Cezanne
- Georges Seurat
- Paul Gauguin
A. Read pages 371-373 in the ArtTalk textbook, then flip through some of the provided library books to see more paintings
B. Read this article from Eyecon Art: http://robinurton.com/history/postimpressionism.htm
C. Visit "Olga's Gallery" to read 1-2 paragraphs about each artist (and look at their paintings!) on separate web pages:
- Vincent van Gogh: http://www.abcgallery.com/V/vangogh/vangogh.html
- Paul Cezanne: http://www.abcgallery.com/C/cezanne/cezanne.html
- Georges Seurat: http://www.abcgallery.com/S/seurat/seurat.html
- Paul Gauguin: http://www.abcgallery.com/G/gauguin/gauguin.html
As you read and view, fill out the two-sided worksheet that Ms. Walker handed out. You can work with a partner. This worksheet will be collected and graded.
|A Meat Lover's Masterpiece|
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about specific paintings, check out this website, which has videos and short articles about several famous paintings by Post-Impressionist painters:
- http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/post-impressionism.html (the menu is on the left side of the screen)