1. Draw an image
2. Divide up the picture plane by tracing a ruler (or stencil) in many directions
3. Shade each fragment with a gradient.
If you think this looks difficult --- it's not!
Here's a video tutorial about this method that was designed for first graders:
Another option: divide up the picture by tracing a stencil:
Fill each fragment with of colors instead of gradients:
|Artist: Emanuel Ologeano |
CUT YOUR REFERENCE PICTURES
1. Cut your reference images
2. Arrange them & glue them down
3. Draw the fragmented collage
|click for instructions|
1. Chop up your drawing, photos, printed papers, etc.
2. Collage them together:
|Click for instructions|
Some other images that might inspire:
|Yeah, this Tom Mervik dude is pretty awesome|
|Samson Flexor, Self Portrait, 1947-48|
No need to just make a drawing... check these out!